Saturday, October 23, 2010

Homeschooling




I took this information from this source: http://www.elmorrocotudo.cl/admin/render/noticia/9349. It is a web page about local news from Arica and Parinacota. I was looking “alternative education” and I found this article.

It is about a new kind of education which gives tools to parents for teaching their sons. This kind of teaching has been increasing in Europe and USA; moreover, it is coming to South America. Most people say they prefer this education because schools are dangerous for their children. In this way, they feel comfortable and safe about the real level of knowledge; besides, they are “the teachers” of these particular classes. What´s more, they can spend more time with them and realize what their problems are.

If you ask me, I don’t think that it is convenient. Children need to be students because they need to share with other people and work in groups. I think this kind of education is bad because it keeps in isolation children from the real world. For me, one of the best purposes of the school is creating social relations like friendship. If you teach your sons in your house, they will be isolated from the society. What happens when they grow up? They are going to have problems because they will be dependents of his parents.

I believe this information is important for our society for make a reflection about our education, I wouldn’t like to hear to someone like a minister of education saying that they won’t sort the school problems out; consequently, parents must teach their sons.
Sincerely, I dislike this kind of teaching what is called homeschooling because this could impact on my future job, I am joking. Although representatives of “homeschooling” say that this kind of education doesn’t isolate children because parents can give permission to their sons for going to the museums, concerts and parks. I don’t believe it could be possible because most parents don’t have time for doing these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment